Biofuel filling stations
If you have converted your vehicle to allow running on a certain biofuel (like ethanol, biogas, methane, pure plant oil, ...), you'll also want to be able to acquire the fuel. Since few filling stations all ready offer them, here are some links to maps showing the locations where there are such filling stations:
- NREL (biodiesel & E85 FS locations)
- Energy.gov (E85 FS locations)
- Biodiesel.org (biodiesel FS locations
- Pure plant oil FS maps still aren't available, but the fuel could be acquired via regular supermarkets and cosmetics shops
- Waste vegetable oil FS maps too aren't available, but the fuel could be acquired via restaurants and other food shops where they deep-fry their food
- Pure ethanol (E100) FS maps aren't available, but the fuel could be acquired via supermarkets; note though that this is food-grade ethanol and prices can be up to 20x as expensive as non-food-grade ethanol
- Biobutanol FS maps too are not available
- Biogas FS maps too are not available
- Methane FS maps too are not available
The methane FS maps refer to methane obtained via the Sabatier process (so from hydrogen, which itself is made using electrolysis of water).
We need more filling station maps ! If you like to document the biofuel filling stations in your country and put them online, we have an html kit to do so.